× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Help linking differnt tables for a new starter

il y a 8 ans 7 mois #984 par Stephen Wilcox
Help linking differnt tables for a new starter a été créé par Stephen Wilcox
Have to say that after like a day I have got up to enough speed to build my database, import all my items and add some code into the component view to read 19 variables out of the URL calling the view and print out the array. 
I had been trying to use ContentBuilder from Crosstec but just could not get things to work.
So I think I can manage the code to filter the database to provide the filtered views based on the variables I read in through the URL but I have two things I am not sure about so some guidance would be appreciated.
[1] I have my main table with all my data items in which I will use to filter. I want to add boiler-plate text relevant to the filtered data and also controlled by some of the items I read in from the url calling the view. I do not want to put that in the default template file as text. So if I could build a second table with the text data in it and just use that table to pull out the relevant text using a key, life would be simpler. So what is the best way of calling data from a second table in a table view? The two tables would not need or could be linked. There is no common key. But I would know what entries I needed because of the data I transfer in through the URL. I just need a slick way of reading data from a different table. Worst case I can use jquery to open the database and then search it. But there may be a better way. 
[2] I would like to log when someone clicks a link on an item from my table. I provide them with a filtered list of providers and so when they like one they will click it to go to that providers website. I have in mind to log the click to a database. So this is like my first question in reverse. Again I can just open a dB and write, but there may be better ways common to your framework. 

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.115 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena

We use cookies so that you can place orders and we can provide a better service. You can control the use of cookies at the individual browser level. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some features or areas of our website may be limited.